Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Test Prices at Lords Next Year
Discussion started by CJ - The Lurker , 30 November, 2019 11:51
Test Prices at Lords Next Year
CJ - The Lurker 30 November, 2019 11:51
Don't know if anyone else has got their Middlesex Priority Test application form but wow those prices.

Only offering availability in Grandstand or the new Lower Compton
For the Eng Vs Aus. one day international - £170 for lower Compton premium, lower Compton (A) - £160, Lower Compton B £150, Compton C £100

There is a image on the form that explains what is categorised for each.
But as a comparison the ticket I was v. lucky to get for the World Cup Final - which was in the area they are calling Lower Compton Premium B - was £95 - they looking for £160 for the same seat for a one day international.

For the test matches West Indies and Pakistan are priced the same
Starting at £125 lower Compton premium for first three days and only £110 for day 4
As for bringing my boys along, or anyone else trying to get next generation engaged, only Under 16 tickets available in the Compton Stand Lower C available – although to be fair these are £10.
Feels like regular cricket fans being asked to fund the new stands via these prices alone.

The ticket I was v. lucky to get for the World Cup Final - which was in the area they are calling Lower Compton Premium B - was £95 - they looking for £160 for the same seat for a one day international.

More madness

CJ - The Lurker

Re: Test Prices at Lords Next Year
Darren Gosling 30 November, 2019 14:52
First year I didn't bother due to 2019 prices. This was the first Lords Ashes Test in 20 years I didn't attend. They wanted £150 for adults and £150 for an under 16. So just the £300 for the day to take my son to his first Ashes Test. Plumped for the Oval instead this year, £150 for adults (same as Lords) but £50 for under 16. So £200 for the day versus Lords £300 goodbye Lords...…..

BarmierKev 01 December, 2019 11:36
I used to enjoy watching live test cricket. Sadly I'm priced out. Most tests do sell out at Lord's so I cannot see anything done about these extortionate prices.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts 01 December, 2019 16:32
Prices will continue to go in an upward direction,and,has pushed me well away from attending.
Use to love the atmosphere,expectations and the general buzz around each ground.
I 'retired' from international cricket few years ago now,but did make a return the season just gone when Ireland played at Lords.
Yea,I enjoyed my return,but not again as prices go up and up.
Well done ecb/icc in pushing cricket fans away.

freddie tittlemouse 02 December, 2019 08:51
Only 0.27 pence per ball - a real bargain. Wides and no balls are free.

tallliman 02 December, 2019 17:36
It's pretty steep compared to trent bridge which comes in at about 230-240 total for 5 days at a test! A little more for non-members I guess though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 17:37 by tallliman.

tbl 03 December, 2019 21:57
These are crazy prices. I would be surprised if the Pakistan and West Indies tests sell out. Australia or India will be sell outs at any price, but the less popular teams won't attract huge support.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net