Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Rhyme Time
Gezza, 08 February, 2020 20:03
Quote:
BarmierKev
Erm. Dan Housego and Chris Peploe?

Not really Kev,you could include Barlow,Devereaux,Bravo and others.Likewise, Collymore and Podmore not what we are looking for.
Hope this makes sense guys,but thanks for all your efforts,keep posting,still at least twenty examples not mentioned.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2020 22:15 by gezzaofthemiddle.

rod/ed 09 February, 2020 07:32
Selvey & Davey

Gale & van der Bilj

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 10:39
Quote:
rod/ed
Selvey & Davey
Gale & van der Bilj
Sorry rod/ed but neither of these rhyme,
L've found no rhymes for either Selvey or Davey,however there are rhymes for both Gale and Van Der Bijl,see if you can find them.

rod/ed 09 February, 2020 12:19
Pedent alert !

MB 09 February, 2020 13:24
Michael Laws and Joe Dawes

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 13:25
Guilty as charged rod/ed,but don't let me put you off,keep trying mate,L'm sure you'll get the idea eventuallyconfused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2020 14:16 by gezzaofthemiddle.

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 14:11
Top spotter so far MB.but keep 'em coming everybody.L've still got twenty indisputable pairs for you all to find.

BarmierKev 09 February, 2020 14:58
Lance Klusenar and Alan Warner

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 15:23
Close Kev, but sorry no cigar again (Sm40)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2020 15:24 by gezzaofthemiddle.

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 15:48
Actually Kev, not even close now I come to think of it. When did Alan Warner play for The Middle exactly? Bit early for the old red wine mate(Sm63).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2020 18:18 by gezzaofthemiddle.

Haringey Racer 09 February, 2020 17:08
Quote:
gezzaofthemiddle
Quote:
rod/ed
Selvey & Davey
Gale & van der Bilj
Sorry rod/ed but neither of these rhyme,
L've found no rhymes for either Selvey or Davey,however there are rhymes for both Gale and Van Der Bijl,see if you can find them.

van der Bijl, correctly pronounced, is as near as dammit a rhyme for Gale. Certainly closer to bale than bile.

[www.howtopronounce.com]

BarmierKev 09 February, 2020 17:25
Quote:
gezzaofthemiddle
Quote:
BarmierKev

Not really Kev,you could include Barlow,Devereaux,Bravo and others.Likewise, Collymore and Podmore not what we are looking for.
Hope this makes sense guys,but thanks for all your efforts,keep posting,still at least twenty examples not mentioned.

I'm enjoying this thread and don't think anyone really cares what this Geezer thinks of our answers. So I am going to add Johann Louw to the mix above

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 17:45
Fair enough Tom. I stand corrected and extend my humblest apologies to rod/, Vinny and yourself for my ignorance, I have never heard it pronounced that way before.
So who is the other chap who now rhymes with The Great Man, and more importantly the one who almost did until your most timely intervention?

Bobstan 09 February, 2020 17:58
Warner? 1894 - 1920.

Haringey Racer 09 February, 2020 18:35
Quote:
BarmierKev
Junaid ( Skippy ) Khan and Dawid Malan

And Irfan Pathan

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 18:35
Quote:
BarmierKev
Quote:
gezzaofthemiddle
Quote:
BarmierKev

Not really Kev, you could include Barlow, Devereaux, Bravo, and others. Likewise, Collymore and Podmore not what we are looking for.
Hope this makes sense guys, but thanks for all your efforts, keep posting, still at least twenty examples not mentioned.

I'm enjoying this thread and don't think anyone really cares what this Geezer thinks of our answers. So I am going to add Johann Louw to the mix above
Glad you are enjoying it Kev, but if you want to play it your way, go ahead, so long as you include all the O .candidates which you've not done so far
And if you want to have another pop at me, the name's Gezza and not Geezer

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 18:48
Quote:
Bobstan
Warner? 1894 - 1920.
It's just those who have played since 1946 mate, so not Plum, but to be fair to Kev he may have been thinking of David rather than Alan who does of cause qualify but certainly not with Zulu.

rod/ed 09 February, 2020 18:59
Tyrone Henderson & Norman Smokey Featherstone

BarmierKev 09 February, 2020 19:03
Yes I meant David . I cracked under the pressure of what I thought was a fun thread has done to me.

Gezza, 09 February, 2020 19:33
Quote:
rod/ed
Tyrone Henderson & Norman Smokey Featherstone
Under the new spirit of all-inclusiveness on this thread and in an effort not to stress our much-revered , moderator any further, that's fine, but then we must not forget those such as Anderrson and Eaglestone who surely deserve a mention too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2020 19:40 by gezzaofthemiddle.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net