Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mitch Marsh to come and have a blast
adelaide 04 March, 2020 14:43
Let's see. Was Stephen ward a Middlesex member? Of course, if he had been a MCC member there would have been no prosecution.

Alternatively, she was great aunt to all the wicketkeeping Davies's, including our own Jack.

Even more alternatively, she is on the record as saying she wouldn't go near Middlesex for fear of becoming a quiz question.

Adelaide

Adelaide

Gezza, 04 March, 2020 14:56
Not Ward, although he may well have been a member, treated abominably by the establishment,or Jack whom Mandy never even met, but someone else Adelaide

Gezza, 05 March, 2020 00:28
Mitch later bowled nine ineffective overs for 51 off, nothing to suggest he'll contribute significantly in this department. Saffers won easily.

freddie tittlemouse 05 March, 2020 10:29
Lord Astor? Peter Rachman? Compton and Edrich?

Gezza, 05 March, 2020 13:53
One of those Freddie, details to follow.......

Gezza, 05 March, 2020 15:48
Well, where to start?. Lord Astor had I believe been a past president of The MCC, or perhaps that was his father, not quite sure.
Anyway, not him, the man L refer to was Peter Rachman. My late uncle Hymie was in the property business and acquainted with Peter, who I remember being a guest at my cousin's bar mitzvah.
Well, Peter aspired to become part of the British establishment and took a passing interest in cricket when he discovered he could mingle with the great and the good in the privileged environment of The pavilion at Lord's. He liked Wimbledon too and was often there with Mandy. When the Profumo scandal broke and Peters's name became unfairly reviled in the gutter press, uncle Hymie, a great cricket -lover himself used to tell us about bumping into him occasionally at Lord's.He regarded Peter as a friendly, quietly spoken inoffensive man who had suffered great tragedy in his life, but to his credit and by his own efforts had elevated himself into respectability and a not inconsiderable fortune, many shared that view and the fact his name became a byword for the worst sort of landlord imanageable was largely due to media lies unhindered by libel laws as Peter was already dead, whilst the other players were very much still around. Both Randy Mice-Davies and Christine Keeler had been his mistresses for a time which was how he became involved.
Another tenuous connection is the fact that The Profumo Scandal eventually led to the downfall and resignation of The Prime Minister, Harold McMillan whose famous quote ''You've. never had it so good'' was not directed to Mr. Profumo when he discovered what he'd been up to. He, of course, was then replaced by Ex-Middlesex cricketer Alec Douglas-Home.
It has been claimed that another prominent Middlesex member Murry Goldstein was the owner and manager of ''Murrys Club'' where both Mandy and Christine were employed as hostesses and dancers. Murry did in fact own five other Soho strip clubs at the time but had no connection with ''Murrys''
named after someone else and purely a coincidence, JT, to the best of my knowledge was unconnected as well.
I'm sure there's more but I've told you all I know.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 21:41 by Gezza of the middle.

Gezza, 07 March, 2020 17:28
Similar story for Mitch today.32 off 45 all very well but when it came to the final powerplay and much-needed acceleration his carelessness had cost him once more and restricted Aussies to an undefendable total. Not trusted with the ball, considering the requirement to keep it tight.

Gezza, 13 March, 2020 06:39
Its a case of deja vu for our Mitch this morning No pressure as he eases to 27 off 34, then with 5 overs to go he slogs one up in the air and Aussies fall well short of where they should have been.Not good enough!
Bowling better--7-0-29-3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2020 13:18 by Gezza of the middle.

Seaxe_man1 13 March, 2020 14:12
Bowling figures more than ok. Southee not playing for NZ

Re: Mitch Ma
Seaxe_man1 13 March, 2020 15:30
Playing for the team I guess. Didn't come off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2020 15:41 by Seaxe_man1.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net