Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Membership cards
Discussion started by As9596 , 28 February, 2020 13:34
Membership cards
As9596 28 February, 2020 13:34
Hello

Are membership cards sent in the post or do you collect from lords?

Re: Membership cards
Jonathan Winsky 28 February, 2020 19:10
Membership cards are sent in the post, and usually arrive some time in March alongside various handbooks which provide members with information about diverse subjects such as Middlesex's squad, club events and the location of the members' areas at the home grounds we will play at in the coming season.

Seaxe_man1 08 March, 2020 12:17
Membership packages to be sent out commencing Monday March 9th.

BeefyRoberts 12 March, 2020 11:44
Full membership pack has arrived.
Some good reading to have,as the season nears.
Even after all these years,I cant make head nor tail of the accounts report,although I do keep trying!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2020 12:25 by BeefyRoberts.

Seaxe_man1 12 March, 2020 12:25
Mine has just arrived. Why was my post stating correctly it would be this week, removed yesterday. Explain? .

I note elsewhere that accurate posts were removed also. I would suggest that the thread in question should be removed in total, to whit Outground Poll.

Not just some of it. It s purpose was mischievous from the onset.

As someone who has contributed to this site since its inception by Dave Slater around 2002. I expect better.

As9596 12 March, 2020 12:34
Errrrrr your post from 08 march is still here

Gezza, 12 March, 2020 12:34
Quote:
Seaxe_man1

It's still here SM.
What's mischievous about my outground poll?
A paranoia pandemic seems to be breaking out here.
I'll not even mention the name of The infamous Lords blagger who got his just desserts yesterday.

SM does raise a serious issue though.if posts and threads are to be removed from the message board by the mods, we should at least be told why and for what reason as has always been the case in the past.
Not doing so is only likely to spread confusion and cause speculation.

Gezza.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2020 15:55 by Gezza of the middle.

Seaxe_man1 12 March, 2020 15:13
Something strange here. Disappeared on my PC and phone. Checked this morning. Apologies if system error.

Jonathan Winsky 12 March, 2020 19:10
About the only aspect of the mailing that I have looked at is the agenda for Middlesex’s AGM on Tuesday 7th April. As well as what I assume were the expected proposals to re-elect Mike O’Farrell as Chairman to the Board, to re-elect Marilyn Smith to the Board and to ratify the appointments of Edward Lord, Richard Sykes and Sasha White to the Board, it is also proposed that Beth Morgan be elected as Honorary Life Vice President.

If the latter proposal is accepted (I have not seen a proposal fail to be accepted at any AGMs I have attended), then I believe that Morgan would become the first female to be elected to such a position at Middlesex.

I am sure that I will read the rest of the mailing at some point.

Gezza, 12 March, 2020 21:59
I am not aware that the category of honorary life vice-president has been conferred on anyone before let alone a woman.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can enlighten me if I'm mistaken and tell me of any others to achieve such a status in our club.
Beth has got my vote in any event, and special congratulations to her should she be the first.

Fozzie 12 March, 2020 22:25
Quote:
Gezza of the middle
Quote:
Seaxe_man1

It's still here SM.
What's mischievous about my outground poll?
A paranoia pandemic seems to be breaking out here.
I'll not even mention the name of The infamous Lords blagger who got his just desserts yesterday.

SM does raise a serious issue though.if posts and threads are to be removed from the message board by the mods, we should at least be told why and for what reason as has always been the case in the past.
Not doing so is only likely to spread confusion and cause speculation.

Gezza.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the mods are getting a stern finger-wagging for not explaining why they removed a message that in fact was not removed. We seem to be entering the realm of Donald Rumsfeld's unknown unknowns.

Gezza, 12 March, 2020 22:45
That is my whole point Fozzie. Many threads and posts HAVE been removed recently, some of which I am aware of, but others I have not. They are often unknown. All of us are in a similar position.
I don't dispute that most removals are entirely justified, but when you read a post one day or a thread that extends to several messages and it suddenly disappears do you not wonder sometimes the reason why?
More explanation and openness is required if this message board is to survive. The recent decline in contributions should be worrying to all of us who have enjoyed it over the years and all of us, especially the moderators need to ensure that it continues and thrives.

P.S,You need to excuse SM for mislaying a post,after all we all know how old he is.(Sm56)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2020 04:49 by Gezza of the middle.

Guzzles 13 March, 2020 11:45
The cards could be collectors items as the whole season could be abandoned?

Gezza, 13 March, 2020 12:03
Mr Graves(Sm139) has assured us The 100 will go ahead whatever(Sm86)
Provisional arrangements are in place for games to take place in enclosed isolation areas such as The Big Tent at OMT, with players wearing protective blow up spacesuits(Sm43) in franchise colors of course.
Spectators will of course not be permitted to enter, anyone, approaching within a half-mile radius will be shot on sight by the specially trained ECB police, (Sm71)Worldwide television rights have been secured.but only with the guarantee that matches will be reduced from 100 balls aside to just 10.
''Come on The Spirit''

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2020 12:16 by Gezza of the middle.

Surbiton crusader2 14 March, 2020 11:39
My card arrived this morning

SC2

Seaxe_man1 17 March, 2020 13:58
Fozzie. What I thought was a problem was an internet error for which I have apologised. However I see no problem in knowing why a post has been removed. We all have different views. I note that has been acknowledged with ' Anything goes'. Finger wagging a trifle OTT imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2020 13:59 by Seaxe_man1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net