Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Poll: Outgrounds
Seaxe_man1 08 March, 2020 12:25
You have left the latest one off Gezza. The Tendulkar Middlesex Academy in Mumbai.

Unfortunately the Met Line does'nt stop there.

Gezza, 09 March, 2020 01:50
SM, I've just been reading old Thread on here from 2008 under the heading of ''Committee v Malcontents'' which concerned, of course, a proposed EGM in which some members sought the overthrow of the elected committee. We were both most vociferous on the matter at the time.L'm sure you remember it well. The motion was eventually withdrawn at Uxbridge in fact, when the petitioners faced humiliation and a heavy defeat.
One of their gripes concerned our one day name ''The Crusaders'' considered offensive by them to some religions. Much discussion ensued on this board about an alternative, and one suggestion put forward by Dingy Bags was ''The Middlesex Mets''. I quite liked it, .but of course, it never happened.
Your post reminded me of those times and the heated and sometimes vitriolic nature of the debate.

Seaxe_man1 09 March, 2020 15:14
At that time there was an unweildy committee of 20 a large number of whom were ex membership committee. Although withdrawn it did lead to the 2009 restructure. Plus back in 1991 their was a petition at Uxers which we won. That was the re employment of Desmond Haynes. This led to the Sunday League in 1992 and CC in 1993. The hierarchy were in favour of not taking him back as overseas. Think they got that wrong and much else over the next decade or so.

Gezza, 11 March, 2020 00:31
Well, not a great response or particularly revealing.Answers as anticipated related more to voter's location than their actual preference, Perhaps a bit naive of me to expect any different.
Whatever the future brings, Lords will always be our spiritual home, but let's remain ever hopeful and optimistic that our proposed new venue will be a success and popular with us all.

Seaxe_man1 11 March, 2020 14:07
On hold at the mo as finances uncertain. ECB still insisting all counties have to provide facilities for women and disability cricket. Ain't gonna happen at spiritual home. They may have plans of their own given their new revenue stream from the Hundred. Over the next five years outgrounds to help out. That means all of them. I

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net