Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

John Vyvyan
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 31 March, 2020 18:34
John Vyvyan
BarmierKev 31 March, 2020 18:34
I have some sad news that Middlesex fan John Vyvyan has passed away. he was a regular who would sit at the back of Allen or Warner stand. He was affectionately referred to as Colonel Mustard or Captain Mainwaring. He liked to collect autographs at matches. I'm imagining catching up with some in that great pavillion in the sky. RIP John .

RIP

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: John Vyvyan
dingy bags 31 March, 2020 21:33
Sad news indeed, Kev. A familiar figure at Lord's and elsewhere.

BeefyRoberts 31 March, 2020 21:56
Very sad news indeed.
A member of 'squeaky gang' and a familiar, friendly face at home and 2nds games.
Colonel Mustard/ Captain Mainwaring...Rest in Peace.

Seaxe_man1 01 April, 2020 18:02
RIP Colonel. Always had a cheery word.. A solid citizen of The Middle. Rest in peace mate. Seaxe Man.

boltfromtheblue 03 April, 2020 09:28
I was saddened to hear of John's passing.
Whenever I met him at Merchants Taylor school he would greet me with "How was your journey".This was a running joke as he knew I live in Northwood.
Nice man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net