Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Start of season. Middlesex v Worcestershire
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 11 April, 2020 00:48
Start of season. Middlesex v Worcestershire
BarmierKev 11 April, 2020 00:48
If only?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2020 16:29 by BarmierKev.

Re: Start of season. Middlesex v Worcestershire
BeefyRoberts 11 April, 2020 13:43
New bag ready, and everything transferred in from old bag. Playfair ready (with 3 pages on franchise rubbish removed). Notepad and pens found. Middlesex cap cleaned.No tube closures.Leave booked at work.
Yep, all sorted for the much anticipated start of the season.
Just one thing missing.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 13:44 by BeefyRoberts.

Fozzie 11 April, 2020 13:47
Weather forecast looks good, but don't forget to pack a jumper for Monday, Beefy.

BarmierKev 11 April, 2020 13:58
So do you think they will an uncontosted tess? Reckon they will put us in will be all out before lunch.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts 11 April, 2020 14:43
We will bat, I say at lunch be 109-1 and first pint in Middlesex Room at lunch will be off, as they forgot to order any beer, so using up stock from September.

adelaide 11 April, 2020 17:41
I'd say it has been remarkably even all day and will be for the rest of the match.

IIRC Kevin Hand & co are self-employed, not employed by the BBC, so goodness knows what position they are in. Mr Emerson hasn't even got planes to identify on his app.

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts 11 April, 2020 21:23
Are the floodlights in place at Nursery End,?
What are the rules if only 3 are in working order?
Can we use them still?
Would it be..no lights at all?

BeefyRoberts 12 April, 2020 10:19
Arrived at Lords.
Only entrance is via Grace Gates. The queue has reached to entrance where the Lords shop use to be.
Lords staff overheard saying we didnt expect such a large attendance for 1st day of season.
Check bag please
Pat down please
Scorecard? Sorry, sold out.
Into Middlesex Room for a slice of coffee after seeing steward Alison
Staff in 'our room' tell that all purchases are now card only.
Lunchtime ale? Sorry sir, we only have Fosters, the delivery didnt arrive in time.
Warner Stand? Very busy due to building works, bar closed as not enough staff to operate it.
End of day..into The Tavern we go...only 2 at a time said steward as its busy in there.
Reach bar...
Sorry, real ale has all gone, nobody told us it was start of season!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2020 10:21 by BeefyRoberts.

BarmierKev 12 April, 2020 11:09
So Worcestershire have won the toss and are batting. No early wickets and after 10 minutes we are behind the over rate . Roll on the football season.

BeefyRoberts 12 April, 2020 11:37
Play has been temporarily halted, movement behind bowlers arm.
Not pavilion, but a crane operator in on overtime is putting a piece of the stand into place.

BeefyRoberts 12 April, 2020 13:41
Lunch score?
I'm at present in the queue in Middlesex Room waiting to be served!

Chesham Steve 12 April, 2020 13:51
Thanks for the updates. Already sunburnt, and it's still April.

BarmierKev 12 April, 2020 15:02
Not impressed. Having enjoyed the first of the Summer Wine, then three quick wickets including Tom Fell a ready made headline. Then, with light worsening floodlights on they go off something about natural light against floodlight. It started to rain so decided to take refuge in the "Middlesex Room". I could still see Beefy waiting in the queue to be served and I wasn't allowed in becuse my Hawaian shorts weren't tailored. Play called off just as rain stops in bright sunshine. Umpires spotted in the Tavern. I couldn't be asked paying their extortionate prices. It's cold tommorow so won't bother. Wake me up when the season ends.

Barmy Kev

adelaide 12 April, 2020 19:17
I trust the Lawman was suitably scathing in his end of day interview.

Kevin Hand told a story about Ethan Bamber's dad that I had never heard before...

Adelaide

BarmierKev 12 April, 2020 20:19
I believe a picture was taken of the size of the crowd today to promote T100.

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 15 April, 2020 17:37
So the pitch flattened out and ended up a bore draw. I’m mightily relieved Robbo bowled those last few overs to save our over rate.

Anyone up for Glamorgan?

Barmy Kev

BeefyRoberts 15 April, 2020 20:31
A draw to start with, not a bad start to season.
It's a usual result at Lords, at least we had the building work to watch, and the nesting Great @#$%& in the Warner Stand, nice touch by MCC to put some nesting boxes up.

Fozzie 15 April, 2020 20:39
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
A draw to start with, not a bad start to season.
It's a usual result at Lords, at least we had the building work to watch, and the nesting Great @#$%& in the Warner Stand, nice touch by MCC to put some nesting boxes up.
You might think it's a nice touch now, Beefy. But you'll change your tune when MCC convert the Middlesex Room into a hide for their members who are also keen birdwatchers.

selincourt 16 April, 2020 10:31
Why was this a draw when the Digital County Championship has awarded Middlesex victories against Worcestershire and Glamorgan ?

BeefyRoberts 16 April, 2020 11:29
Early start on Sunday, picking Roy and Phil up for the drive to Cardiff for our next game.
Parking arranged, a 6 from Sophia Gardens.
Hope the weather stays good for the 4 days of the game.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net