Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Glam Away
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 18 April, 2020 16:32
Glam Away
BarmierKev 18 April, 2020 16:32
It's difficult to judge our star to the season.

Tomorrow regardless is still Diamond day and my plan was to travel up. Would have had to return the same day and had in mind back for Tuesday Wednesday depending on usual factors.

Hey Ho.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2020 13:11 by BarmierKev.

Re: Glam Away
rod/ed 18 April, 2020 18:59
I'm (was)flying down for first three days. I think Flybe beat Covid to scuppering my plans.

BeefyRoberts 18 April, 2020 23:45
Was ready for the full 4 day away trip, nice early 0600 start in morning.
Probably a good turn out from The Middle.
Diamond day would be had, along with catching up with Welsh Dave (Long time friend of Diamond, and all of us).
Sampling the Welsh Ales on offer, having a curry, and, hoping to avoid climate idiots who closed the city last year.
All a distant dream now, and, looks like 4 days cricket without interruption from the weather...
Typical, just typical!
Stay safe all 🏏🏏🏏🍻🍻🍻

BeefyRoberts 19 April, 2020 09:57
I have been in contact with Welsh Dave (Dave,from Cardiff!).
He wants to send everyone his best wishes, and, was also ready for the 4 days.
Will we bat? As the toss is now reintroduced what will we call?

Grockle 19 April, 2020 12:55
With you on 'Diamond Day' guys. The thing these sites have that is obvious in these times is community and it's good to see you people keeping that going. Kudos to you all.

(Sm72)

London Leprechaun 19 April, 2020 21:33
Although travel not possible today, Diamond Day was still marked and celebrated in various homes. See the pictures here

BarmierKev 19 April, 2020 21:52
I realise there is aΒ bigger picture of what is going on globally. However, I find it sad we could not have met up today to at least toast Diamond and talked rubbish as day 1 progressed.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts 19 April, 2020 23:29
Its end of day 1, should be finishing beers for the night and trying to find hotel in Cardiff..the usual thing for away games!
No doubt Diamond is looking, probably tutting as we all stay at home.
Agree with Kevs comments above.
Have had a wine or two myself this evening, and, will be honest and say I'm bl00dy missing everyone whilst wishing I was at games.
Day 2 looms...if only.
Stay safe all 🏏🍻🏏🍻

Bring back the Crusaders 23 April, 2020 00:32
Anyone bold enough as to suggest when our first fixture will be?

dingy bags 23 April, 2020 09:17
Our first fixture and the first we are allowed to go and see are likely to be two different things, I fear. I am not expecting to see anything before August if we are very lucky. More likely, I won't see a ball bowled live this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2020 09:23 by dingy bags.

Seaxe_man1 23 April, 2020 10:27
Wore Diamond shirt Sunday as I snuck down to HSBC Uxbridge which had no queue. There was a queue and distancing need at Eastcote. First lul announcer at Eastcote darkly said service was only for emergency workers but the second added plus necessary journeys which is how I understood it. There and back in no time. Best wishes to all. Latest. Could go for a year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net