Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Middlesex v Surrey July 26th-27th 2020
rogersbean 21 July, 2020 17:13
tickets only available to surrey members by phone from tomorrow morning. doesn't appear to me that middx members will be allocated tickets.

Jonathan Winsky 21 July, 2020 20:46
Surrey have produced a ‘spectator code’ for those lucky to be attending this match, and the conditions don’t sound as restrictive as the government’s guidelines suggested they would. Families of a maximum of 6 can sit together (although I don’t know if they will be allowed to sit in successive seats) and will be away from other groups. Face coverings may or may not be compulsory, as the spectator code says “You may wish to wear a mask” and “Face coverings may be required at times”, although another article on Surrey’s official website says that everyone must bring their own PPE. Catering facilities and toilets will be open as normal, which contrasts with some rumours I have heard about plans to admit spectators to matches. Spectators will not be expected to avoid public transport or to arrive and/or depart at designated times.

Old Enfield Colt 22 July, 2020 10:49
Per a recent tweet from MiddxCCC, details published from 12.00 today on how to get tickets....

Old Enfield Colt 22 July, 2020 12:25
Small number of tickets available for Middx members, from 15.00 today, first come first served.

Seaxe_man1 22 July, 2020 14:58
Can only book one day not both. Seems fair. Well arranged given the circumstances.

rogersbean 22 July, 2020 15:11
Tickets sold out in seconds? Nothing being shown as available after two minutes !

Seaxe_man1 22 July, 2020 19:19
Correct.

Jonathan Winsky 25 July, 2020 17:54
Middlesex have announced that we will spend Sunday bowling and Monday batting and that, in the words of the announcement, “Head Coach Stuart Law has subsequently named a bowler biased squad for Sunday and a batsmen biased squad for Monday”, with the word ‘biased’ seemingly referring to the fact that Sunday’s squad includes some batsmen and Monday’s squad includes some bowlers.

Sunday’s squad: Stephen Eskinazi (c), Martin Andersson, Miguel Cummins, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Max Holden, Tom Lace, Tim Murtagh, Sam Robson, Toby Roland-Jones, John Simpson (wk), Nathan Sowter and Thilan Walallawita

Monday’s squad: Stephen Eskinazi (c), Martin Andersson, Jack Davies, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Max Holden, Tom Lace, Sam Robson, Toby Roland-Jones, John Simpson (wk) and Nathan Sowter.

To use a term I have previously used, this is a probably-make-the-rules-up-as-they-go-along-in-order-to-ensure-that-everyone-gets-some-cricket-under-their-belts match, so it is highly likely that any batsmen who get out early will get another innings later in the day, while the fact that Monday’s squad contains some bowlers means that I cannot rule out the possibility that some of our bowlers could lend Surrey a hand if any of their bowlers get injured or if it is felt that they could benefit from bowling to our batsmen (although, they admittedly got a chance to do that at Radlett earlier in the week).

The weather forecast is good for tomorrow, but less so for Monday.

Jonathan Winsky 26 July, 2020 18:57
From what I can gather, today got by smoothly off the field. The Daily Mail has produced a report about this aspect of the day, while Enfield Independent has posted some images. Hopefully, today will lead to spectators being permitted to further sporting events.

On the field, the match centre on Middlesex’s official website doesn't make it appear like the best of days for our bowlers. Hopefully, our batsmen will do well tomorrow.

Jonathan Winsky 27 July, 2020 20:08
Well done to Nick Gubbins on scoring 100 and Martin Andersson on scoring 65.

Surbiton crusader2 27 July, 2020 22:11
JW I have already ordered my ticket for Sunday's play in the BWT (Surrey versus Middlesex)!

SC2

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net