Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Club cricket
wembleylion 14 August, 2020 19:15
Is a crowd of 100 permitted? I must admit I'm confused as to what is and isn't allowed now. Anyone crystal clear?

chunkyinargyll 14 August, 2020 19:23
It's a bit difficult to stop people going to club games.

Often access can't be denied and you're not paying for entry.

Normally the only 'spectators' are relatives of the players, although I guess this year maybe the numbers are swelling by an extra 30 or so.

I was wondering why there are no county second eleven games this year- not even friendlies.

My view is that maybe some matches are taking place, but with Zero publicity on county club sites, to stop people turning up to watch for free, as they don't have the facilities to police it properly.

Surbiton crusader2 14 August, 2020 22:53
Quote:
Hayling Panther
Went to see the Middle at Guildford yesterday. Our ladies v a south of the river team. Crowd of about 100, outdoor licensed refreshments, loos, deck chairs etc. Our competitive 180 was thwarted by the weather. Well done, Guildford CC

Thought game was behind closed doors watch on mobile devices. MCCC make it so confusing they want to keep the cricket starved members away!

SC2

Bobstan 22 August, 2020 16:40
I know that a few years ago Dutchy played for Radlett CC. Does anyone know what he's doing now? I seem to have heard or read that he's doing some coaching for a 'further out' Herts club, possibly Berkhamsted or Tring. Useful one-day player for Middlesex and Somerset.

chunkyinargyll 22 August, 2020 19:52
I'm not sure what this says about the standard of Division 2 of the Middlesex County League-

But Ravi Patel 111 for Harrow st Mary's v Osterley.

(Sm152)

BarmierKev 23 August, 2020 11:21
2 matches for price of one. North Middlesex thrashed Twickenham . Then on adjoining pitch Shepherds Bush needing snookers beat Crouch Hill by 1 wicket. The company as always good.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Fozzie 23 August, 2020 12:04
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
I'm not sure what this says about the standard of Division 2 of the Middlesex County League-

(Sm152)

Perhaps offer him a short-term contract to bolster our batting?? 🤔

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 13:44
Quote:
chunkyinargyll

(Sm152)
He did make decent runs in Division 1 last year. Overall though his team were not strong enough. Decent ground.

tallliman 23 August, 2020 15:20
Spent a day at Bournee CC yesterday as their 2nd xi beat Newborough 1sts. Fascinating game that was lost in the last 10 overs of the Bourne innings when the last 3 wickets added 77. Lovely little town ground with plentiful support.

I've really enjoyed the cricket over the last few weeks. Good fun and normally a good standard.

Trainspotter 23 August, 2020 21:05
I went to Sunbury v Ashtead. Sunbury won by 1 wicket with a ball to spare. Was a thriller and great afternoon. I too am really enjoying the club scene.

Surbiton crusader2 24 August, 2020 10:40
Quote:
Trainspotter
I went to Sunbury v Ashtead. Sunbury won by 1 wicket with a ball to spare. Was a thriller and great afternoon. I too am really enjoying the club scene.

I was there too

This evening I am going to a preseason football friendly Hanworth Villa versus Hampton and Richmond borough

SC2

Trainspotter 24 August, 2020 21:31
It crossed my mind to go to Hanworth Villa but may do Ashford tomorrow night!

Surbiton crusader2 24 August, 2020 22:12
Quote:
Trainspotter
It crossed my mind to go to Hanworth Villa but may do Ashford tomorrow night!

HV was rained off! They're hoping to rearrange for Wednesday night

SC2

Trainspotter 25 August, 2020 23:28
Crikey! In August!!

Surbiton crusader2 26 August, 2020 15:50
Quote:
Trainspotter
Crikey! In August!!

Storm Francis!!!

SC2

BarmierKev 28 August, 2020 18:32
It's Brondesbury v Shepherd's Bush for some of the Middle faithful. I heard they have limited bar facilities which might be a blessing.

Barmy Kev

BeefyRoberts 30 August, 2020 09:58
Few of us made the short trip to Brondsbury yesterday.
End of August? More like start of season in mid-April, was a bit nippy out there!
Yet another great ground in suburban London, me saying to Phil the road reminds me of the start of Reggie Perrin!
Anyway, was a low scoring game, coloured clothing and a pink ball. As previous games, players had to use outside facilities to change and store equipment. Brondsbury batting first.
We arrived with them 32-1 and a splattering of people watching. Our little group increased to 7, this club cricket following is getting popular!
Bush dropped what looked a fairly easy catch, with the ball doing a bit, pitching up now and again. Brondsbury reached 145 off their 50 overs.
Bush came in, and, sadly went as well, as only managed to reach 143 all out, in 39.3 overs,we could, and should of won the game, last wickets fell at rather regular times, losing by 2 runs.
We all said, as did couple of others there were some 'questionable' umpire decisions for both sides.
Anyway, it was still good to get another game and another ground in. Also, it was just great to meet up with Phil, Les, Steve, Kev, Des and Mick. It has been a year since some of us met up.
Next Saturday is the last home game of this truncated season vs Twickenham.
We converge at mid-day for another game....
See you there!

Chesham Steve 30 August, 2020 14:12
It certainly was a good day out. Some of us went easier on the liquid consumption after the previous weekend. One interesting bit of the game involved the Brondesbury bowler Fahim Bahrami. His first over was a nightmare. Went for a lot including 5 no balls and a wide. Returned later with Bush 7 wickets down and picked up the last 3 wickets in 9 balls, from the opposite end. Finished with 3-22. Looking forward to visiting The Bush next weekend. 11AM start.

BeefyRoberts 30 August, 2020 14:39
That over, yea, it was an expensive one for sure.
He just couldn't get his run-up sorted from the Reggie Perrin end, changed ends to the Castle Hedge end, and was spot on sadly.
Must admit, I thought Brondsbury could be a bit more inventive with club badge.
Looking around their pavilion and on one wall, is a signed Derbyshire shirt from Billy Godleman.
As other clubs, a friendly welcome, lady behind the bar did a good job.
We left the club to their BBQ.

BarmierKev 30 August, 2020 16:35
I was going to do a match report but all major points Are covered. How the Bush threw that away nobody knows. It was very cold and was desperate for cup of tea but not on offer. No shortage of alcohol but we were at a more sedate pace. Can’t make next week but hoping to witness the championship decider at Ealing in 2 weeks time.

Barmy Kev

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net