Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Club cricket
tallliman 30 August, 2020 19:20
I watched Lufbra Town vs Leics CCC's academy side. Very high quality game with some of the Leics squad playing. County won fairly easily in the end but it was a tough pitch. It felt the closest to normality for a whole.

freddie tittlemouse 30 August, 2020 21:21
Reggie Perrin's house and locale was actually filmed in a posh part of Ealing, with fictitious road names.
The Sunshine Desserts office was in Acton.
I didn't get where I am today without knowing that. Jonathan, you won't get the last line.

adelaide 30 August, 2020 21:32
Super, FT.

Perhaps our over rate is inspired by the "eleven minutes late" running gag.

Adelaide

Seaxe_man1 31 August, 2020 09:23
Same as the Good Life Freddie. Filmed in Northwood Middlesex. Supposed to be somewhere in Surrey

rod/ed 31 August, 2020 09:45
Bass Rock CC 181-9 off 35 overs
Edinburgh South 141 all out.
I scored every ball, yes it was cold here too, but unlike Don I didn't have to go over the book to improve the over rate.
But like CJ " I avoided clich├ęs like the plague"

adelaide 31 August, 2020 11:46
Quote:
Seaxe_man1
Same as the Good Life Freddie. Filmed in Northwood Middlesex. Supposed to be somewhere in Surrey

The triple decker "Knight Bus" segment in Harry Potter was filmed in Palmers Green, though they may have sped it up a little for the film. Goodness knows where it was supposed to be. Must have been tricky pitting a route to get there!

Adelaide

Mark Drukker 31 August, 2020 18:11
I reckon there was a crowd of about 80 for the Berkshire v Middlesex 50-over game at Henley yesterday. Middx scored 151 off 46.2 overs, Berks got 157-6 off 43.5 overs.

Middx had De Caries, O'Driscoll, Greatwood, Mullapudi, Rhodri Lewis (top score 40; his brother Rhys was in the Berks team), Seagrave, Kuschal, Sheopuri, Prasad, M. Harris, Beagles and Fernandes.

Berks included Scriven (recently made his Hampshire debut) and Peploe.

Seaxe_man1 31 August, 2020 19:52
Max Harris played well same oppo on Aug 2 Mark. We lost that too by about 40 runs. At MTS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/08/2020 19:53 by Seaxe_man1.

chunkyinargyll 13 September, 2020 08:19
Teddington confirmed as Middlesex County League champions.

It must help if you have Sam Robson and Nick Gubbins at 2 and 3 in your batting order.

Yesterday Sam 67 and Nick 71 in a total of 334-8 in 50 overs. Finchley replied with 125 not out.

Not sure if there will be promotion and relegation this year, as everyone played each other once, rather than twice.

Once again, Luke Hollman has topped the batting averages.

[www.middlesexccl.com]

It looks like the above averages contain a rule that says you must have played at least 5 matches, otherwise I'm sure Robson, Gubbins and one or two other well known names would be near the top.

Edit- I was trying to get Premier League only averages, but every time I do the link it goes to 'all, but it's easy enough to click on the grey box just below 'Player statistics' to get the option for Premier League stats only.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 08:31 by chunkyinargyll.

BeefyRoberts 13 September, 2020 09:48
Teddington only needed 1 point yesterday to claim the title.
Promotion/Relegation isnt taking place as a truncated season.

freddie tittlemouse 15 September, 2020 19:38
I assume Teddington still play in Bushy Park. The groundsman used to have to clear deer droppings off the wicket before the game. In my youth I used to watch Bob Hurst and Ted Clark playing for them.

BeefyRoberts 17 September, 2020 16:14
Drove past RAF Uxbridge on Vine Lane earlier, game on.
RAF at home to Free Forester CC in a friendly.
Watched about half hour from behind the wire fence, gate well and truly chained and locked.
Free Forester were batting, and put on about 40 runs on that time, losing 1 wicket.
Bowling wasnt that much by RAF and got punished.
Just good to see the ground still being used.

Bobstan 18 September, 2020 11:29
I think the RAF bowling would have been a little stronger had Aircraftman F S Trueman been available.

tallliman 18 September, 2020 12:13
Tomorrow is the final in the Lincolnshire Premier League at Bourne CC, Grantham vs Lindum. I've seen both sides in recent weeks and the standard is high. Expecting a good game but have a feeling that Mark Footitt's Grantham will nick it.

Primrose Hillbilly 19 September, 2020 11:36
FT, yes, Teddington still play there.

They have a new pavillion that rather dominates that part of the park instead of the one more along the lines of the one at Merchant Taylors', but I have heard rumours that it may not be on the strongest of foundations. New access road built, more nets, and even in the dead of February there are kids there having a hit. I go there to watch the mighty Antlers play rugby.

There are 6 cricket clubs that play in Bushy Park - Teddington C.C. and Teddington Town, Hampton, Hampton Hill and err ....after that I can't remember off the top of my head, and all have reported an increase in interest from players this year. They even have had two clubs amalgamating at Ladies' second team level to put out a combined team so more players can get a game.

Gosh it will soon be that strange time of the year when you could be standing on the touchline and hear the booming belched roars of the Stags in the distance.

tallliman 19 September, 2020 20:24
Just spent today watching the final of the Lincolnshire Premier League between Grantham CC and Lindum CC. Lindum batted first and raced to 75/1 off the first 15 overs then Mark Footitt came on and slowed the scoring down and caused a little collapse. 95/5 after 23 overs soon became 140/8 off 30. They ended up on 177/8 with a young leg spinner making a lovely wristy 28.

Grantham's innings started slowly and lost an early wicket to be 8/1 in the 4th over. Then a partnership grew and it got a lot colder as the sun dipped behind the tree. Spinners came on and there was a big collapse to 90/8. Some late hitting got another 40 runs but in the end Lindum were deserved winners on 6he ray.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net