Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Team Eski v Team RoJo
Discussion started by Old Enfield Colt , 22 July, 2020 11:28
Team Eski v Team RoJo
Old Enfield Colt 22 July, 2020 11:28
Middx ' inter squad ' warm up game(s) from Radlett being streamed live on MCCC web site as I type this. Will check out how good your broadband connection is .......

Re: Team Eski v Team RoJo
Jonathan Winsky 23 July, 2020 19:22
Apparently, Max Holden scored a century in this match.

I would like to know much more about this match, but I cannot find a scorecard online, and I can’t be bothered to trawl through Twitter or Facebook posts or the video to piece things together.

The idea of inter-squad matches sounds like a concept that has the potential to capture many people’s imagination. It would be great if Middlesex and other teams could play matches like this more often with more coverage and, of course, ideally in times when spectators are not prevented from attending.

snicko 24 July, 2020 08:02
I managed to watch most of the 2 days. Ball dominated bat for the most part with very impressive bowling performances from Murtagh, Harris and Cummins. Our seam attack this season will struggle to find a place for Finny who looked well below the standard and our lack of a red ball spinner is glaringly obvious for all to see.
Messrs Holden, Cracknell and Eskinazi had 1 good innings each whilst all others struggled. I just can't fathom how our batting line up is capable of scoring 400+ in red ball cricket.

Whilst it was refreshing to watch cricket, the live stream was woeful with constant buffering etc. and I hope this matter will be addressed by the club by the time the season begins. As an exemplar, the coverage of the women's game at The Oval was virtually broadcast quality

Jonathan Winsky 24 July, 2020 19:33
I have been informed that the following scores were recorded in this match:

Holden 0, 149 not out
Cracknell 66, 14
Lace 32, 24
Gubbins 4, 22
White 1, 38
Davies 36, 15
Robson 24, 0
Eskinazi 72,12
Lincoln 5, 0
Andersson 13, 4
Simpson 0, 32
Sowter 28, 33 not out

Middlesex’s hierarchy have said that they have invested in improving the broadcast of our home matches, as the cameras are set to be in greater quantity and - of arguably the most importance - will follow the ball, although I can’t see those who work on Sky’s coverage quivering in their boots!

Old Enfield Colt 25 July, 2020 07:03
Extracts from the scorecard appeared on the Middx Twitter feed. Interesting for me was to see some of the fringe / squad players taking part. ' Broadcast quality ' was really poor though, not a great advert ....

Seaxe_man1 27 July, 2020 18:19
Snicko. Spin has been a problem since Tufnell. The recently departed regime were not interested and Patel shown the door after 7 games in 4 years. Prior to that Keith Dutch drew the short straw for the same reason. Miller gave him his P45. Miller himself was useless. Dutch I note does Mx coaching at Academy on and off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net