Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Surrey v Middx, 1-4 August - spectators allowed!
adelaide 06 August, 2020 11:09
SM

Our batsmen looked fine against an out-of-tune Virdi.

There must have been a time pre-Sherlock/Goons when Moriarty was just an unexceptional surname. According to Wikipedia it is an anglicisation of the Irish Ó Muircheartaigh, which makes me wonder whether young Daniel might be a very distant cousin of a not so young Tim.

Ó Delaide

freddie tittlemouse 06 August, 2020 18:11
Pity his career didn't coincide with Errol Holmes and Willie Watson.
I like having Miguel Cummins in the team. His steadiness counters the occasional waywardness of Finn Harris and Roland Jones.

snicko 06 August, 2020 21:59
The jury is still out over Cummins - still not convinced it was a necessary signing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least one of our quirks leaving due to lack of game time.
Murtagh
Roland-Jones
Harris
Finn
Helm
Cummins
Bamber
Cullen

Having said that, a reduction in squad size post Covid is a strong possibility following ECB mutterings about finances moving forward.

Seaxe_man1 07 August, 2020 13:46
Tend to agree Snicko. Presume it was to cover fitness problems with Rojo and Finn. We already have had a couple of pace departures, the first was a logical shoe in for Murts when he calls it a day. Man management, lack of, the reason I think, in the coaching set up prior to SL. Our senior pace are the wrong side of 30 and as usual have fitness problems bar Murts.

Seaxe_man1 07 August, 2020 13:50
And next year kolpaks have to become overseas players. Increased to two. Can't imagine Essex won't offer Simon Harmer an o/s deal. Presumably with the death of kolpaks they are once again available for their countries.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net