Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

3 Tons
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 04 August, 2020 21:13
3 Tons
BarmierKev 04 August, 2020 21:13
England v Ireland game . 3 centuries with a strong Middlesex connection

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: 3 Tons
Jonathan Winsky 04 August, 2020 22:08
Although England won the first two ODIs with 22.1 overs and 17.3 overs respectively remaining, I felt that Ireland had a chance of winning a match at some point in this series considering England had some difficulties with the bat. As it happened, had it not been for the late runs of David Willey and Tom Curran today, Ireland would have not merely edged past England, but they would have thrashed them.

About the only surprise about Ireland’s win today is that it came without Curtis Campher contributing with the bat.

I imagine that Paul Stirling and Andrew Balbirnie are very much enjoying playing for Ireland in all formats.

Had the tournament not been postponed by at least 12 months for reasons that need no explanation, I imagine that Ireland would have taken some confidence from this series into the T20 World Cup, which Australia were due to host later this year. As for England, they would have certainly entered the tournament with great confidence despite some uncomfortable moments in this series, as they would have had some key players available who could not play in this series due to their involvement in England’s Test side.

Re: 3 Tons
Seaxe_man1 05 August, 2020 18:23
England 20 points Ireland 10 points.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net