Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Kent v Middlesex, 15-18 August
Jonathan Winsky 18 August, 2020 19:53
As this match began with question marks over Sam Robson’s form and with Max Holden having passed 26 in each of his first four innings this season without passing 48 (he was then out for 2 in the first innings of this match), it is great to see that they both made good scores today. Of Middlesex’s top five for this match, the only player yet to make a good score this season is now Stevie Eskinazi, although I don’t know how likely it would be that he won’t play v Sussex at Radlett, unless we identify the match as a chance for Toby Roland-Jones to captain the side. An alternative way I anticipated today could have gone was that our top five could have struggled, only for Jack Davies to have come in and have scored runs, something which would have been helpful for Davies’s chances of playing v Sussex, but would have cast further doubts on the chances of certain members of our top five remaining in the side.

If TRJ plays v Sussex, I would be very disappointed if it is at the expense of Miguel Cummins, and I would be shocked if Tim Murtagh doesn’t return. There were doubts about whether we needed to sign Cummins, especially as - despite White and Martin Andersson impressing this season - it felt like our batting department was more in need of reinforcements than our bowling department, but it is difficult to disagree with the signing. Cummins is a player I cherish, as it feels like a rare event for our management to identify a player they would like to sign and then sign them.

At the start of today, I was doubtful whether we had much hope of winning this match, but we gave ourselves a chance by ending Kent’s first innings quickly and by - also in a quick manner - scoring second innings runs. I suppose that, in hindsight, it would have been more productive to have batted on longer in our second innings so that our batsmen - especially Eski - could have got even more runs under their belts, but we had to give ourselves a shot at winning the match to keep alive our faint hopes of winning the group. However, as has been discussed elsewhere, hindsight is far from Middlesex’s greatest strength!

As our chances of winning the group are faint, and as other teams are in a similar situation, it looks like there will be many dead matches in the final two rounds.

Yet again, Stuart Law has spoken to our YouTube page, and interestingly says that Kent refused our suggestion to set a match up:

chunkyinargyll 18 August, 2020 19:58
Interesting interview with Stuart Law.

Slight hints that he and others may be aware of and reading the opinions of supporters on social media (possibly including MTWD)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2020 19:59 by chunkyinargyll.

VincentVanDerVictory 18 August, 2020 21:38
An impressive determined interview from SL.
And his acquisition of.Cummins looks to be a wise one.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net