Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Current Ex Middlesex X1
freddie tittlemouse 17 August, 2020 10:48
Spot on dnb. Far more rational than people getting semi hysterical and calling Lace a quitter. Spleen would be better vented on the mismanagement at our club in the last 3 or 4 years.

chunkyinargyll 17 August, 2020 10:55
Quote:
VincentVanDerVictory
which is why so many Middlesex supporters at the time, I included, were incensed by the club not playing them.more leading to.them leaving the club

I guess any supporter that incensed could always follow suit and cancel their membership and join Gloucestershire instead.

VincentVanDerVictory 17 August, 2020 11:29
Spot on Freddie

Chunky your comment is ludicrous..

SoI have been supporting Middlesex since 1977 ..43 years and counting but now you ludicrously suggest that I and other Middlesex supporters/members' quit ' to join Gloucestershire ...oh dear Chunky

chunkyinargyll 17 August, 2020 11:42
So- you're not a quitter then.

Good.

Could try supporting Stewart Law and his selection decisions in what is a difficult season for everyone.

VincentVanDerVictory 17 August, 2020 12:00
Chunky beyond redemption

Think you will find it is Stuart ( not Stewart).Law. whose failure in making ' difficult ' selection decisions of playing deserving players who are in form has led to Tom Lace leaving.

The club has little prospect of prospering again till.Angus Fraser leaves and I remain unconvinced by SL. but hey yes Chunky I am no ' quitter ' lol

MTWD

freddie tittlemouse 17 August, 2020 12:04
And I've been supporting Middlesex since Chunky was in his pram so I'm not prepared to accept lectures on loyalty either.

chunkyinargyll 17 August, 2020 12:05
I've said Stuart throughout apart from the last post.

It was because Grant Stewart was bowling for Kent at the time.

Try to calm down a little.

For a 'new' poster you seem a touch belligerent.

chunkyinargyll 17 August, 2020 12:10
Come on then Freddie.

You're in charge.

Apart from giving in to every player demand, what are you going to do to improve things?

Sign some new players?

Might be a good idea- but surely that directly contradicts the argument that too many home grown players leave, because we don't give them enough firsr team opportunities.

freddie tittlemouse 17 August, 2020 12:29
If I were on the megasalaries earned by the club management I might be tempted. Even you must accept that the club has been very poorly served since the championship win and that radical changes at the top are required.

Fozzie 17 August, 2020 12:40
219 for Malan today.

chunkyinargyll 17 August, 2020 12:41
Freddie-

The club are not entirely without fault.

See my post abut how nice we are on the previous page.

But some supporters (and I don't specifically have an individual in mind- I include Facebook and Twitter as well as MTWD contributors) seem to constantly contradict themselves- sign new players- why do our best youngsters leave because they don't get enough chances- why do we keep picking Gubbins (that has died off after Surrey game) Robson and Holden- which would doubtless immediately change to 'why did we let him go?' if Gubbins had left and scored 192 for someone else instead.

It's really easy to be a negative supporter. All you have to do is be wise after the event the whole time.

BeefyRoberts 17 August, 2020 17:17
Last I looked Josh Davey had figures of 9.2-5-3-13 for Somerset

hdo 17 August, 2020 17:22
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Last I looked Josh Davey had figures of 9.2-5-3-13 for Somerset

Those figures are indeed quite extraordinary!

Seaxe_man1 17 August, 2020 17:49
Well Fozzie. An alternative story was that Selvey who was peeved at his recruitment was sent to meet him by Brearley. So his story could be subjective. I am pretty sure that committee would not have taken Brearley on. VDB would have had to be ok'd by Mike. Plus the then committee pleaded with MB not to retire in 1982.

Seaxe_man1 17 August, 2020 17:55
Lace 42 Higgins 48.

Seaxe_man1 17 August, 2020 17:58
Lace 42 Higgins 48.

Seaxe_man1 17 August, 2020 18:04
The point of signing VDB was to replace Wayne Daniel who was expected to be picked by West Indies. He wasn't though some bloke I read reckoned he was. When the other 16 captain's realised that Mx had both. They immediately said Mx were champions. Plus the Gillette and qf of Benson. Lost to strong Northants side something the modern scribbler cannot imagine.

Seaxe_man1 18 August, 2020 09:17
Your support for the 2009 regime can only be described as commendable chunky.

Fozzie 18 August, 2020 16:44
For the record, I'm not suggesting that Middlesex should have moved heaven and earth to keep James Fuller - but just to note that he has taken a hat-trick against Surrey, and currently has figures of 4-7.

chunkyinargyll 18 August, 2020 17:08
Normally when a player leaves Gus says all the right things, like 'He's a fine young man, and we wish him the best for the future'

When Fuller left Gus said absolutely nothing.

Probably furious, because we had let Poddy go a few months earlier, as we thought we were over stocked with seamers.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net