Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

PCA to permit summer contracts
Discussion started by chunkyinargyll , 18 August, 2020 20:50
PCA to permit summer contracts
chunkyinargyll 18 August, 2020 20:50
[www.thecricketer.com]

In an effort to save jobs, players can be offered 8 month deals, rather than 12.

Covid 19 has seriously affected county finances

Re: PCA to permit summer contracts
adelaide 18 August, 2020 21:08
I thought that some players already were, at the lower end of the food chain.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll 18 August, 2020 21:09
And this is even more frightening-

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

chunkyinargyll 18 August, 2020 21:11
Adelaide-

I think we have given 'summer contracts' to players at university, but this seems to be suggesting paying people from February to September only.

Seaxe_man1 19 August, 2020 10:36
In days of yore. Used to be a six month cricket contract combined with a winter job. Lancashire were the first I think to switch to 12 month contracts. Summer contracts now for young players are of about six/eight weeks duration I believe. Plus of course ECB central contracts have altered the cricket landscape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net