Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Middle v Sussex Radlett 22-25 August
dingy bags 23 August, 2020 11:48
"Steven Finn, Nathan Sowter, Tom Helm and James Harris, will all feature in two T20 matches between a 'Middlesex Academy' Eleven and a Brondesbury Eleven this afternoon." From club website

Specific bowlers preparing for our T20 matches. YOu might not agree with the policy, but we do have a policy. Not random, at all.

chunkyinargyll 23 August, 2020 12:01
Some over enthusiastic umpiring sees us go in to lunch on 63-5.

freddie tittlemouse 23 August, 2020 12:21
The real question re: Bamber and Cullen is have they got the right DNA? That's the important thing.

Deckchair 23 August, 2020 12:28
5 wickets already down and still 30 needed to avoid the follow-on at lunch on the second day. About sums up Middlesex's woeful batting and team abilities. Top order now beyond a joke and Eskinazi beyond any pale that can be fathomed. What is he actually for, exactly?
And it's Sussex for heaven's sake!

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 12:30
Good question Freddie. The words used: we are in the business of producing England players. An unintended consequence is likely to be that that puts pressure on all concerned. In days of yore. It appeared that you played without that attention and if your stats stacked up. It brought that attention.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 12:39
If a football team does not possess two solid centre halves they struggle. Likewise, they require a couple of handy strikers for scoring. In a cricket team the openers fulfill the centre halves role. Middle order back up. Since Chris Rogers departure the average runs per innings have dropped ( haven't checked but that is the impression) and the bowling has to defend much lower scores.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 12:51
Six down. Five lbw.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 13:08
On your general point of Ravi's batting skills chunky. There were signs of improvement during his last season's in the few games he was given. Likely though that his card had been marked long before, so ignored.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 13:18
Saved follow on.

chunkyinargyll 23 August, 2020 13:28
24 year old Charlie Thurston,who we didn't give a contract to,has followed up last weeks 96 for Northants with a 115 today.

middlefan 23 August, 2020 13:56
I was trying to think of players who have thrived at Middlesex over the past five years - i.e. their careers have consistently progressed in a positive direction. I struggled to think of any, with the possible exception of Helm and Simpson. But perhaps my bad memory is to blame.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 14:08
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
24 year old Charlie Thurston,who we didn't give a contract to,has followed up last weeks 96 for Northants with a 115 today.
presumably his card was marked early .Doubt he fitted the required DNA. Still as a bonus we are keeping the strugglers going

tallliman 23 August, 2020 14:17
Quote:
Seaxe_man1
On your general point of Ravi's batting skills chunky. There were signs of improvement during his last season's in the few games he was given. Likely though that his card had been marked long before, so ignored.

Ravi's runs in the 2nd innings at Grace Road in 2018 were arguably the thing that made the team realise we could chase 380odd. Sticking around for an hour as nightwatchman was key.

150/7 at Radlett.

Jonathan Winsky 23 August, 2020 15:50
It is disappointing that four of Middlesex’s top five were out for single figure scores, although at least John Simpson scored 48, and hopefully Blake Cullen and Miguel Cummins can both pass Nick Gubbins’ score of 26. And we still have Tim Murtagh to come. I suppose our two short-term aims are to see whether we can achieve at least one batting point, and to keep our first innings deficit down.

As there is currently a rain stoppage (from which play is due to return at 5:00pm) and there is more rain forecast on Tuesday, hopefully the rain will not mean that our poor batting will have caused us to lose this match

Had the friendlies between Brondesbury and a 'Middlesex Academy' Eleven (the age of some members of our side makes it appropriate that inverted commas are used in the team’s name!) been better-publicised, maybe the matches would have drawn a good crowd and raised some money for Brondesbury. However, I didn’t hear about the matches until today.

Mark Drukker 23 August, 2020 16:14
Berkshire have advertised a 2-day game against Middlesex on Wednesday and Thursday 26th/27th August at Old Merchant Taylors and a 50/50 game against Middlesex on Sunday 30th August at Henley-on-Thames. Berkshire beat a Middlesex XI at Merchant Taylors on 2nd August.

BeefyRoberts 23 August, 2020 16:40
MD, any link available for the above 50 over game please, as cant find anything..thanks

chunkyinargyll 23 August, 2020 16:48
As far as possible I don't think they want people to know about 2nd XI matches, to prevent lots of people turning up when they aren't equipped to deal with them.

As first XI crowds aren't allowed, potentially many more people than normal might turn up.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 16:48
203 all out. Deficit 90. You want information Beefy go on the Berkshires site. Not out of date.

Seaxe_man1 23 August, 2020 16:50
Went to MTS on Friday versus Surrey chunky. Maybe a dozen there.

chunkyinargyll 23 August, 2020 16:53
Because no publicity?

I'd gathered some teams were playing some 2nd XI matches, because a few scorecards are available.

First I'd heard of a game two days ago.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net