Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Middle v Sussex Radlett 22-25 August
Haringey Racer 29 August, 2020 17:43
Talking of groans...

Primrose Hillbilly 30 August, 2020 10:16
Adelaide,

anyone asking a question runs the risk that they might not like the answer or the way it was delivered.

You raised several queries that were impossible to rationally answer, for reasons that I hope I demonstrated.

If that makes the questioner look a little foolish, is that not a problem for the questioner?

adelaide 30 August, 2020 13:53
PH

Not everything with a question mark at the end of it is a question expecting an answer. As you rightly say, there is no prospect of answers (barring revealing autobiographies), which is a stonking great clue that I would not have been expecting answers. That would be obvious to me in anyone else's post. If it's not obvious to you, then who looks foolish?

The issue (I almost wrote "question" but that might have confused matters) raised by the anecdote is whether the office could possibly have been so stupid as to make retention decisions on the basis of X's posts. Or perhaps whether things have got so bad that supporters even contemplate that as a plausible scenario. That links in to the whole "Gang of 2009 incompetent" thread, where curiously enough I agree more with you than with Seaxe Man.

Adelaide

Seaxe_man1 30 August, 2020 18:16
The 2009regime has certainly provoked plenty of comment which suggests I have a point even if not a popular one.

Primrose Hillbilly 30 August, 2020 20:29
Now, is that self referential, or not?

"I must be right, because someone else mentions it."

To kill the other bird with the same stone.
Adelaide, I am afraid I formed the opinion that you have pretty much no knowledge of how the game of cricket is currently played, and even less than that of life in the 21st century. So, if I choose to acknowledge anything you write, I treat it as literally as possible, and take the above into account.

I note that now you choose to have written a question, marked at the end of the sentence with a question mark, yet now don't think it was a question, or possibly it was just a rhetorical one, so nobody but you knew that a response was not expected, or maybe you just didn't mean to express it at all. Who knows? What a strange little world you live in.

Maybe the mistake was mine in treating you as if both rational and logical.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2020 21:08 by Primrose Hillbilly.

adelaide 30 August, 2020 21:31
PH

I am afraid that your posts are saying more about you than about anyone else.

Adelaide

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net