Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Poll: 2020 player of season
Discussion started by BarmierKev , 24 September, 2020 10:39
Poll: 2020 player of season
BarmierKev 24 September, 2020 10:39

Wo is our 2020 player of the season?

Tim Murtagh
Luke Hollman

You must be logged in to vote.

23 Votes

Show results

Normally we have quite a few candidates but for our truncated season the two stand out winners for August and September.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 11:11 by BarmierKev.

Re: Poll: 2020 player of season
BarmierKev 24 September, 2020 10:45
Tim edges this because not only did he provide match winning performances in BWT when called upon in 20/20 he proved to be reliable.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

chunkyinargyll 24 September, 2020 12:51
Experience v youth.

Went for experience.

Jonathan Winsky 24 September, 2020 19:19
I have voted for Tim Murtagh, as not only did he take 25 wickets at an average of 12.72, a strike rate of 35.00 and an economy of 2.18 in the Bob Willis Trophy, but he also did well in Middlesex’s Twenty20 campaign, taking 7 wickets at an average of 17.00, a strike rate of 15.42 and an economy of 6.61.

In the BWT, Murtagh’s tally of wickets was the most by anyone who did not play more than four matches. In the T20 Blast, his average and economy would be the best amongst Middlesex players, and his strike rate below only Steven Finn, if Thilan Walallawita’s performance in his sole appearance is discounted, and it makes a mockery of the fact that until the second half of our campaign, Murtagh’s two previous T20 appearances for us had been in July 2016 and June 2013 respectively.

Although it barely needs to be said that there will be no ceremony this year in which official club awards will be presented, it would be nice if award winners are nonetheless named. Indeed, the club's agreement with sponsors may force the club to name an official Player of the Season.

VincentVanDerVictory 24 September, 2020 21:42
Legendary Tim Murtagh Player of the Season no doubt about it ..several match winning performances as ever ..where would Middlesex be without him ??!

Superb exciting talented genuine allrounder Luke Hollman as Young Player of the Season ..super excited by his supreme talent and determination to win !!

Seaxe_man1 02 October, 2020 19:58
Went for youth.

Karseng 05 October, 2020 21:54
The one player who has been consistent throughout the whole season both with bat and gloves and dug the team out of several holes this season has been Simmo and not even been deemed worthy of a mention. He is that good behind the stumps that you don’t even notice him and he regularly seems forgotten and taken for granted. Obviously my opinion only.

chunkyinargyll 06 October, 2020 06:57
Not taken for granted, mum.

He's much appreciated.

thumbs down

VincentVanDerVictory 06 October, 2020 09:50
Excellent post Karseng !!

indeed John Simpson has had a fabulous season and fully deserves to be on this player of the season list !

SIMMO is certainly in the TOP. 3 players of the Middlesex season and is FULLY appreciated by MOST if not all Middlesex CCC supporters and members !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2020 09:52 by VincentVanDerVictory.

BeefyRoberts 08 October, 2020 14:09
Simmo...one of the few ever present players, in all 3 competitions (ok, 2 this year) and always deserves to get a mention.
Sadly, unable to see him playing this year, but, with fingers crossed for next.
Yea, he is one player I enjoy watching, and, as said before, will never forget all those years ago, when he took time and spoke to me about keeping wicket at Lords. One of the top guys in the squad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net