Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: MTWD Glossary
The Diamond ruled ok 27 July, 2008 06:33
Shaggy should be renamed "The Godfather"

Hendo should be "The grim reaper" (if your a Durham or Kent fan)

Primrose Hillbilly 31 July, 2008 17:30
Funny that Dawid Malan is being called "AC", as I seem to have read somewhere that there was a South African fighter pilot in WW2, called Malan, whose initials were "AC".

He earned the nickname "Sailor" because he had to bail out and take to his rubber dinghy on several occassions before he got back to Blighty.

- For what it's worth.

However, our young tyro probably wouldn't relish the somewhat ambiguous nature of such a nickname.

So, No, bad idea.

Haringey Racer 11 August, 2008 13:11
Given the amount of time he has spent batting with Shaggy, may I suggest that Ben Scott be known henceforth as 'Scooby'?

The Diamond ruled ok 11 August, 2008 21:35
(Sm22)

Long day in the saddle today but your suggestion raised a laugh HR.

Also very apt and much better than anything ending in "ie"

Ged 11 August, 2008 22:07
Yup, good one HR. Not only appropriate in the specific batting circumstances but also there is something canine about Ben Scott's manner that makes "Scooby" fit really well.

It's official: Ben Scott's MTWD nickname is now "Scooby".

Beeamazed 12 August, 2008 11:45
Quote:
Ged
Yup, good one HR. Not only appropriate in the specific batting circumstances but also there is something canine about Ben Scott's manner that makes "Scooby" fit really well
You wouldn't be alluding to his unfortunate habit of cocking his leg behind the pavilion perchance?

BarmierKev 12 August, 2008 12:28
And the chant could be Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night". We all know the end of chorus where he goes " Scoobee doobee doooo" etc

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

MADAVAL 31 August, 2008 17:38
Our pair of spin twins have recently been christened
MATCHSTICK AND YODEL on a neighbouring site.
A certain ring to it ,I approve,as I hope will Shaggy and Karts.

Janet Davis 05 September, 2008 13:37
Some Gloucs supporters Thursday gave our Robbie Williams the nick-name 'Angels'

MADAVAL 16 September, 2008 18:39
New signing Neil Dexter is of course ''TED''

Ged 16 September, 2008 23:38
Ted's a bit obvious. I'd prefer Uni. Perhaps he can also audition for the role of Tarzan.

adelaide 17 September, 2008 10:15
How about Ambi?

Adelaide

selincourt 17 September, 2008 10:32
Sinister ?

daria 17 September, 2008 10:39
You beat me to it, Selincourt.

Serial Killer? TSK for short.

selincourt 17 September, 2008 11:19
let's hope we don't have to say tsk tsk about his form !

MADAVAL 17 September, 2008 17:46
The thing is with cricketer's nicknames is they are all of course obvious,not much imagination out there.
Neil's called 'Ted',when he gets a few runs he can be Lord Ted,it'll get no better than that.

BarmierKev 17 September, 2008 18:13
And when short of runs could be Ted Bare

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

MADAVAL 19 September, 2008 11:55
Compo in his blog on cricinfo refers to Danny Evans as 'THE HARTLEPOOL HAMMER'though it would seem more appropriate to a heavyweight boxer,let's hope it sticks.

Ged 25 October, 2008 08:16
Updated and enhanced for the Stanford Super Series. Keep the suggestions coming.

Link below and on the left hand menu bar as usual:

MTWD Glossary

Ged 26 October, 2008 10:21
Neil Carter's new nickname, "Disgrace" (courtesy of KP) added. Plus one or two further small changes on reflection.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net