Latest news:

South Africa Test Tickets
Discussion started by paulgillam (IP Logged), 08 June, 2019 23:47
paulgillam
paulgillam
08 June, 2019 23:47
Hi we’re off to SA this winter and I wondered if anyone knows who sells the test tickets in SA - is it the venues or is it SA cricket centrally. We’re travelling independently, so not part of an organised cricket tour and don’t want to miss out. Various reselling sites seem to be selling tickets that don’t appear to even be on open sale! Any advice would be much appreciated.

SiteAdmin
SiteAdmin
09 June, 2019 04:01
Hi, they’ll go on sale about October/november time.

Cricket south africa will use a third party ticket website, such as the like of ticketmaster that we use over here.

It’s normally a very easy process and very cheap.

We’ll have news when they are ready to be sold and will carry a news story for this information.

We are gong too so rest assured we will have our eyes peeled for ticket news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2019 04:02 by SiteAdmin.

paulgillam
paulgillam
09 June, 2019 17:32
Thanks for that, very useful. First time on tour with England and couldn’t find anything online that helped. Will be keeping my eyes peeled.

SiteAdmin
SiteAdmin
09 June, 2019 17:52
Which test match(s) are you going to?

We’ll be in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth this time, the grass banks at Newlands was £5 a day last time out!

paulgillam
paulgillam
09 June, 2019 22:19
We’re on a reasonably tight timescale, also accompanied by a none believer - 14 YO daughter, so day 3 at Centurion, Kruger for New Year and then down to Cape Town hopefully for a couple of days at Newlands - can’t wait! Tickets do sound cheap not the £180 being offered on Viagogo!

SiteAdmin
SiteAdmin
10 June, 2019 15:58
Yeah don’t even be tempted by a resell website, even with it sold out for three days last time out, there was still people selling them outside for a lot less than £180.

You’ll be fine with tickets, they’ll be plenty to go round.

paulgillam
paulgillam
03 July, 2019 22:44
Lovely lady that I contacted at Newlands confirmed tickets go on sale on 7th October via www.ticketpro.co.za

She was very clear that viagogo and instatickets (resale sites) are illegal in SA.

SiteAdmin
SiteAdmin
07 August, 2019 16:02
Will make sure I am in the queue for them

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.