Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket after Notts at Taunton will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Surrey Week Part 2
Posted by: Grockle
Date: 09/08/2017 23:15
I'm afraid Tom that whether you give a tinker's cuss or not, what you saw was NOT fact.

Your interpretation of what you saw was yours but there were a number of players in the dressing room and on the balcony when Tom made his half ton according to my investigations and other information presented to me via a Twitter request for information

I take Farmer's view of this. What you saw is based on where you were looking from and possibly what you were looking for.

Certain parts of the ground look at the Caddyshack at an angle and those at the door of the dressing room to the balcony are not as easy to discern from a stand that is also at an angle. If players are not at the front edge of the balcony they are not as easy to identify but they were there. I have talked to some who were there and who have named other players who were there becauase it was Tom's half ton.

That was the case.

I see that as a misinterpretation and not a 'lie' so I have discussed that with the posters who made that accusation. It was not what should have been said. They believe you have a second agenda but that is another issue between you and them.

However, as neither side made any official complaint regarding this exchange and I am not going to get involved in the different demands for me to take action unless I decide one party is obviously in the wrong or am actually asked to make a decision I will not get involved.

You can be as obnoxious as other posters and have denigrated one person (Sandhills) who did not accuse you of 'lying' yesterday on the above post where you complain about how badly YOUR character has been defamed. So you do not see this as wrong yourself, which makes complaining about it when it happens the other way around a little pointless

6 of one half a dozen of another. Telling others what to do if they don't like it Tom is also pointless. The only one you have to worry about is me and whether I like it. In this case I see everyone as bad as each other but some of that has been put down to your more continual activity.

I'll keep any eye on things. Please all keep yourselves in check. If you see something you don't like and want moderation then please OFFICIALLY complain about it rather than getting into a 'mine's bigger than yours' confrontation on the public forum. If not keep it related to the cricket or it'll go.

Other than that please play nicely children. Any further discussion on this will be done off the site via PM or it will go without notification. We have a Day 4 to deal with not something quite minimal disagreed about 2 days ago.

Thanks

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net