Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Somerset Day. Ireland Day.........
Posted by: AGod
Date: 13/05/2018 20:09
Nah, WSM.

The draw is a clear favourite, given that our bowlers can expect:

a) No help from the surface

and

b) No help from the overhead conditions.

Yes, Vince (and Roussow) might do something stupid (Vince already nicked off once) but this is now the kind of pitch on which all but an old fashioned number 11 (or Fidel Edwards!) could expect to score 30-40 without too much trouble.

Berg is very capable. So, too, if fit to bat, is Kyle Abbott.

Having said that, of course, the draw was also a clear favourite going into the final day at Old Trafford, and we nearly contrived to mess that up, until Leachy, Cove and TG saved us. But even if they wobble (as we did) this pitch, like Old Trafford, is flat enough that they will probably still get out of jail.

I'd say the chances are 75% chance draw, 25% chance SCCC win, 0% chance any other result.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net