Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Hampshire Day 4
Posted by: sfwithers
Date: 15/05/2018 10:41
Hants01, I'd say that Worcestershire are propping up the table. The gap between Hampshire in 7th and 4th placed Essex is just eight points. I realise that you're not very optimistic about your team this year (echoing my feelings about my beloved Somerset last year!) but it's too early to start hammering the nails in the coffin. Amla is a class player and it's just possible that Vince could surprise you!!

As a Somerset fan I'm much more content than this time last year. We'd have all been happy with two wins, two draws at this stage, though the injuries to Davey, Tres and Leach are disappointing, especially how the last one happened.

As for the Taunton wicket, I suspect we're a little hamstrung by the worry of a points deduction after the events of last year. I'd love to see turning wickets, even with just Bess in the line-up.

The most pleasing thing is that all of our players have achieved something. Yes, we always want all our bowlers and batsmen to hit form at the same time, but our bowlers have worked well as a team, our top of order have hit centuries, and we have batted deep when called upon. The fact that our number 11 has a batting average of 18.7, and Overton, Bess and Leach can all bat is very reassuring. The days of rabbits like Allan Jones (average 5.39!) and Bob Clapp (4.45!!) for example, seem a lifetime ago. I suppose they are. But this is one way in which cricket has changed over the years.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net