Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: 'Farmer White' book - now available
Posted by: Farmer White
Date: 17/04/2019 23:59
My book (self-published in every regard except the actual printing and binding) of match reports for Somerset’s 2018 County Championship season is now available if you can get to Taunton. I will be looking at options for online sales for anyone further afield who might want a copy.

In Taunton both Brendon Books on Bath Place and Somerset County Sports at the CACG have agreed to carry the book and have copies available.

Title: “I hope I don’t miss a hat-trick …” Somerset CCC. The County Championship 2018

The book contains:

Match reports on every day of CC cricket in 2018.

Matt black and white version action photographs by one Mike TA1, and some photographs of some away grounds (not action photos - my 'pocket brownie' wouldn't cope) by one ‘Farmer White’ plus a few (slightly quirky) outline stats on Somerset in the first division 2008-18.

It is in glossy softcover, 9ins x 6 ins, 323 pages and will retail at £12.99.

It will not be on general distribution so please don't enquire at bookshops, other than Brendon Books and Somerset County Sports both of which have copies, or try to find it on internet sites.

I will send a photo of front and rear covers to Mike as he has offered to post it on here. My attempt failed at the first attempt and every attempt after that! If you can read the ISBN on the back cover in the photo please do not try to use it because it is not activated.

And finally, thank you to Mike for the use of his photos in the book, to Julia W for her help in setting up my website which was a key phase in getting the reports fit for purpose for a book, to Mike Index for proof reading the entire manuscript and then doing it again for the proof copy of the book, to Grockle for his support throughout and to each and every one of you on here for your support and encouragement over the last two and a half years. It has enabled me to live my dream to write about cricket. Let us hope Somerset enable all of us to live our dream of a lifetime this year.

Thank you one. Thank you all.

Farmer

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net