Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: MTWD Glossary 2.0
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 07/10/2010 20:26
I have always been on the slow side at picking up unwritten rules and I will no doubt be slow at ducking boots thrown from Ball's Pond Road (of which I had never heard prior to Diamond mentioning it) when I am next in that area. The last time I was in the area was on 19th September when my parents and I went to Biggin Hill then on the way back got a couple of buses to New Cross Gate, from where we took a London Overground services to Dalston Junction along the former East London Line.

To take this thread back to the subject of cricketer's nicknames, I discovered at Biggin Hill that there was a famed South African World War II RAF fighter pilot who led No. 74 Squadron RAF during the height of the Battle of Britain who was called Adolph 'Sailor' Malan, which explains why on occasions Dawid Malan has been given the nickname of 'Sailor'.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net