Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Football thread another new one
Posted by: BeefyRoberts
Date: 15/03/2017 19:45
I get to see Weymouth 2 or 3 times a season at home..a very good friend lives down there.
They get crowds of about 400 +/- and have no real local league club,I suppose Yeovil nearest.
They have all volunteers at home games,supporters are welcome to travel on coach with team to away games and supporters hold raffles on the coach to help pay towards travel costs,they do pay to travel as well.
Last season,the supporters club raised cash to keep an on loan player for rest of season,it's fairly amazing what you find out what happens behind the scenes of non-league clubs.
Slough Town,another of the clubs that share Beaconsfield were,at one stage knocking on the door at top of conference.They had to move out as they couldn't afford to stay at their home (it is still there,bar used weekends).
Hayes,they have 5 'home' games left,4 at Beaconsfield and last game of season to be played at Hendon,I can see smaller crowds.
Then,look at Hereford FC,reborn in same way as Wimbledon,but still playing at Edger Street,they are getting 4000 +/- crowds in the league below Hayes (evostik Southern) Hayes did amalgamate with Yeading,and sold their ground for redevelopment and the monies to rebuild Yeading ground but has been full of problems from day 1.
I can only see more clubs joining forces for survival.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net