Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Football thread another new one
Posted by: lower pavilion
Date: 02/04/2018 10:59
Blimey.

As a Chelsea season ticket holder, and a very long serving one at that, I have in fact been going to Stamford Bridge for over 60 years, I thought nothing would surprise me any more, and then yesterday happened.

Tottenham actually won a league game at Stamford Bridge for the first time since Saturday 10th February 1990 I believe, and yes I was at that games as well. It was I think the same day it was announced that Nelson Mandela would be released from prison.

At the end of yesterdays game the Tottenham fans were celebrating as though they had just won the Premier League and the Champions League combined, except at this moment in time, they have yet to win any trophy this season and I suppose that says all you need to know.

I think Tottenham, unlike my club, always seem to get great praise from the media. However they have not won a major trophy for rather a long time and like Chelsea the FA Cup is the one major trophy either of us can win this season. Pressure will surely be on Tottenham to actually start winning major trophies. They of course have a major advantage as rather absurdly they will be playing their semi final against Manchester Utd at home.

As for my team, this of course has been a disappointing season, though winning the FA cup may help. However, football, these days is all about qualifying for the Champions League and that will now not happen for us this season and the Europa League and Thursday night football awaits for next season.

However, the bottom line is, as I reminded my Tottenham friends yesterday.

Since Roman Abramovic took over the club at the start of the 2003-2004 season we have won incredibly.

1 Champions League. 1 Europa League. 5 Premier League titles 4 FA Cups 3 League Cups.

I have seen us win the lot and I have to be more than content at least as far as football is concerned.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net