Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: CC v Sussex, 4-7 May 2018
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 01/05/2018 20:20
Nick Gubbins certainly should be able to play considering he will enter this match with two 2nd XI matches under his belt, while Middlesex are hopeful that James Harris will be too. However, I anticipate that Steven Finn’s maiden 1st XI appearance of the season will come the following week v Gloucestershire at Lord’s. Before the season started, I doubt the club were keen on the idea of selecting Tom Helm for each of our first four matches of the season due to his injury history, but the fact he barely bowled in two of our first three matches means that there is no reason to wrap him in cotton wool.

If Gubbo plays, it would end his absence from our previous eight County Championship line-ups stretching back nine months. I imagine that he would open with Sam Robson and that they will open for our remaining Championship matches unless until either of them becomes unavailable. However, I am confident that Max Holden will make further appearances in our Championship side in the middle-order. If everyone is available, we will have to see which two of Holden, Paul Stirling and Hilton Cartwright play, unless we select all three. If Cartwright plays (it would seem unthinkable if he doesn’t play considering leaving him out would make his presence pointless), hopefully he will show why he is highly-rated in Australia.

We can ill-afford to end our fourth match of the season with our second defeat, especially as we will be facing a Sussex side who will surely be there or thereabouts in the race for promotion. They have drawn all three matches so far, yet are level on points with us due to the fact they have achieved 7 batting points to our 1.

I was hoping to attend on Sunday and/or Bank Holiday Monday, but the fact buses replace trains between Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges has put me off. It is a shame considering the weather is set to be excellent. Businesses on the South Coast must be disappointed if Londoners feel dissuaded to travel there on the Bank Holiday weekend. However, as someone who regularly travels by various forms of rail transport, I am very appreciative of how these line closures ultimately make the network run better during the key times and reduce instances of the various forms of disruption.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net