Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Travel Hints,Hotel tips,and any other useful things for season 2019
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 20/07/2019 10:20
When Middlesex play Sussex in a Twenty20 match at Uxbridge on Saturday 24th August, there will be no Metropolitan line service between Uxbridge and Harrow-on-the-Hill and no Piccadilly line service between Uxbridge and Rayners Lane. But the good news is that TfL’s website shows that the rest of their network is not scheduled to be disrupted that day! I suppose that those who wish to avoid the replacement bus service will have to make their way to West Ruislip or West Drayton and get a U1 bus, which is actually useful, as it runs close to the ground, and therefore saves people from the walk between the ground and Uxbridge station. However, the U1 is usually single-decker, so it would not cope as well as a double-decker bus if there is a large demand for this service.

The appetite for people to attend this match was already under threat due to the football season having started by that point, which means that I will not attend. Therefore, the aforementioned disruption on the Underground is an additional blow. However, if Middlesex enter what will be the 12th match of their campaign in the rare position of their chances of achieving a high finish in their group looking good, then that will work in the favour of those hoping for a high attendance.

Lower Mound says that a different venue for the match should be found, but I can't see that appending.

Although there will be no London Overground service between Watford Junction and Euston via Willesden Junction on Sunday 4th August and no Metropolitan line service between Wembley Park and Aldgate on Sunday 11th August, I am confident I will nonetheless be able to get to Middlesex’s matches at Richmond and Radlett on those respective days. The Bakerloo line will still run on 4th August and the Jubilee line will still run on 11th August.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net