Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 23/08/2019 20:25
A lot of people will feel sad to hear of Haseeb Hameed’s release bt Lancashire, as he gained lots of admirers in bookending his Test career - which has so far consisted of three Tests in India in November 2016 - with 31 and 82 on debut, and by scoring 59 not out with a damaged finger in his most recent Test.

I imagine that a few counties will be interested in Hameed, although I am not sure if the prospect of signing him would be well-received by Middlesex staff, as our management seem reluctant to make signings, and some of our top-order batsmen might feel a bit insulted if we sign him. However, if he can score big runs and if his presence can generate a response from our current batsmen, then I would very much welcome him to the club.

At Essex, Varun Chopra has signed a contract for the 2020 season and Dan Lawrence has extended his contract until 2021.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net