Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Should they stay or should they go
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 30/09/2019 22:46
When Middlesex signed Tom Barber, there was a lot of hope on the part of the coaches at Middlesex and ECB that he could become a good fast bowler thanks to the pace he possesses. However, it didn’t seem to work out for him at Middlesex, as his accuracy wasn’t at the same level as his pace. We will have to see whether he can go on to become the latest player who goes on to have a good career after leaving Middlesex.

I foresaw that Ollie Rayner’s time at the club would end, although what took me by surprise was when Angus Fraser said at the forum (although it is not shown on the article) that Nathan Sowter will become our number one spinner in all three formats, as the fact Sowter’s 7 Championship appearances yielded just 14 wickets made me doubtful that the club would persist with him in that competition. However, I remembered that Rayner’s statistics were not impressive until he took 15 wickets v Surrey at The Oval in 2013 on his way to 41 wickets that season, before he took 51 wickets the season we won the title. So, the hope will be that Sowter can eventually reach those heights if he can get a run in the side and learn a bit more about the craft of bowling in the Championship. Now Rayner has left the club, it gives hope that Luke Hollman and Thilan Walallawita may come closer to our 1st XI next season. Stuart Law spoke highly of the latter two at the forum, as well as of a few other youngsters.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net