Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: It's all about culture
Posted by: Sussex Seaxe
Date: 02/10/2019 14:05
The living in London business has two elements, I think. Living in and enjoying the lifestyle is one thing. I would hope that most people with character could cope with that as millions who live and work there have to. If not, then maybe they are not suited to Middlesex.

The other is the housing cost, which I do think is a genuine issue. In my working days before self-employment (or loafing around, as Mrs Seaxe calls it), those of us in my international company who lived and worked in London were paid greater allowances in recognition of the costs involved; I've no idea if Middlesex can afford to do that, but suspect not. I am also involved in a school in the south east (not London) and can guarantee that the cost of housing is a huge factor in getting very few applicants for jobs from people elsewhere in the country.

Cricketers are, I think, better paid than they used to be, but unless they are internationals, are not hugely wealthy. We shouldn't underestimate these factors when looking to recruit players.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net