Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: It's all about culture
Posted by: adelaide
Date: 03/10/2019 00:34
PH

To me Sowter still looks like a one day spinner and he hasn't really taken what opportunities there were in the CC, though come to think of it not many spinners have taken wickets against us either (perhaps because we are 35-6 too often). His batting has made things happen more frequently than his bowling. He is surely one of the best fielders in the team, anonymous or otherwise.

Reading between the lines, Sowter as main spinner says to me that we will quite often not be playing a spinner at all next year, a depressing thought. Malan (if still here) is surely not up to bowling long spells.

I can think of less effective Middlsex leggies. Yogi Gowalkar and early Imran Tahir, for a start.

Now if we can get an overseas batsman who also bowls decent spin. Labuschagne? Williamson? (I almost wrote Stirling...).

Adelaide

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net