Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Dawid Malan moving to Yorkshire
Posted by: Andrew Dow
Date: 05/11/2019 07:55
The one thing that might be said about Dawid's time as our captain was that the captaincy did not affect his batting.

That might well be because he was not mentally engaged as a captain. I was barely aware of his presence on the field, and certainly cannot remember any inspirational field changes - can anyone here?

Agreed that it is now a time of over rates and so lengthy consultations as to whether fine leg might be moved slightly to the left are gone, but he was a very passive captaincy force, not an arm waving demonstrative presence.

Was Tim or Toby the bowler most similar to Ollie Robinson, whose "end" might have most suited that bowler when early wickets were a priority at Hove? Well, guess which one took the to end?
It seemed pre-determined.

That was also the first time when Stuart voiced his annoyance at the negative comments about the pitch from returning batsmen.

I'd like the next captain to come from within, to be an obvious Middlesex through and through player, and also someone with a bit of attitude in the way they play who might also be prepared to kick @rse within the dressing room. (As well as being sure of their place in the side) It might be asking too much for Simmo to be given yet another role in the side.

Only one name for me : Toby.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net