Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: MTWD Glossary
Posted by: BeefyRoberts
Date: 12/01/2020 11:38
The Vermin....
This was first started many years ago,at Uxbridge with the then groundsman Vic Domain (now head groundie at Durham).
We all congregated by the pavilion steps on the patio part at a game,group of friends who first met eachother via this website.A few still go to games,either together or a group,but we always sit together,and enjoy our day.
I think it was a 50 over game,but I may be wrong on that,but ale was consumed that day and Vic,I think just came up with the nickname and it just stuck.
One of our crowd has sadly departed us now,our great mate Diamond,who's anniversary is in a week or two.
Some have flown the nest,but there are a few still remaining.
We have a 'Vermin Corner' banner that has been signed by a few in the past that does at times make an appearance,but is heavy to carry!
I'm sure other Vermin could add to this story!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net