Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Eating away over the winter

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Haringey and Black cricketers
Posted by: gezzaofthemiddle
Date: 18/02/2020 01:39
Adelaide

Do you mean to tell me you are not salivating at the prospect of the forthcoming titanic clash between The Spirit and The Invincibles?
Believe me, I'm no friend of Mr. Graves. we 've clashed in the past when I have dared to disagree with his views.
No one is a greater supporter of county cricket than myself, as many on this board will testify.i've spent most days of the last 60 summers watching it religiously all over the country.
Nothing would please me more than return to one division.34 three day matches for all counties and the abolition of bonus points. I am one of the dinosaurs too, but I know it ain't gonna happen.
As for the demise of the shire counties I've been hearing that for years, I think the last one to lose their first-class status was Cambridgeshire in about 1867. Are not The ECB giving them all over a million quid each to keep them going?
When they introduced 65 over games back in the day, then 50 overs,40 overs, then 20 the end of civilization as we know it was forecast by many,it never happened.
I do understand that franchise cricket, made- up sides, drastic changes in the playing conditions may be anathema to many, but I prefer to remain optimistic that it will catch on, attract a new audience and eventually benefit and enrich the game.
I respect the views of others but choose to differ on this occasion, and certainly do not want to get into a debate on the subject.Let's wait and see,

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net